Through our partnership with the Mayo Clinic, the Cancer Care
& Infusion Center provides you with top-rated cancer care
without having to drive to the cities or Rochester.
Appointments: (507) 646-6979
Cancer Care Close to Home
From diagnosis through treatment and survivorship, we are committed to supporting you, your family and your support team throughout your cancer treatment. Because here at Northfield Hospital + Clinics, we don't just treat a wide variety of cancer diagnosis, we treat you.
Cancer treatments typically require multiple visits that can extend over weeks. The logistics can be exhausting for patients and their families who are already under a great deal of stress. Having this service nearby, saves patients driving time and the expense of staying overnight and eating out. You’ll receive care close to home saving you and your support team, time and expenses.
We treat a wide variety of cancer diagnoses including most blood and solid tumor cancers.
On-site Cancer Clinic
We have an on-site cancer clinic staffed with board-certified medical oncologists/hematologists from Mayo Clinic, and immediate access to the rest of cancer care team. No need to drive to the Cities or Rochester for appointments.
Your surrounded by an expert cancer care team led by world class Mayo Clinic oncologists/hematologists. Your cancer care team will answer your questions and partner with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that promotes healing while managing pain and symptoms. Our goal is to provide you with the guidance, support, and treatment you need throughout your cancer journey.
Your team will be led by your Mayo Clinic oncologist/hematologist and may include:
- Advance Practice Providers – oversee your treatment and manage treatment side effects and other support care.
- Dietitians – Recommend healthy food choices and improve your appetite
- Genetic counselors – By referral, discuss your inherited cancer risk and testing
- Oncology-certified nurses – Coordinate and provide care
- Pathologists – Examine tissue samples for cancer cells
- Pharmacists – Provide medication
- Primary care provider –
- Radiologists – Uses imaging tests to diagnose cancer
- Radiation oncologists – In partnership with Mayo Radiation Therapy, prescribe the number and type of radiation treatments you’ll receive
- Rehabilitation therapy (physical and occupational) – Work with you to rebuild your strength and energy during recovery
- Social services – Help you fill needs like lodging, transportation, home care, and social support
- Patient financial services – Help with billing questions
Learn more about these services
- Chemotherapy & Infusions
- Cancer Care Navigators
- Breast Care
- Surgical Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Mayo Clinic Radiation Oncology
Comfort and Convenience
The Cancer Care & Infusion Center was designed with you in mind. Rooms have big, bright windows that let in natural light and offer a restful, scenic view of the natural prairie. In addition, our healing environment offers:
- On-site clinic with immediate access to the cancer care team
- Private infusion bays with large windows and meadow views
- Convenient location, with reserved, free parking
- Private rooms with beds for extended treatments
- Reclining chairs with warmers
- Free wifi and TV
- On-site lab services
- Library resources
The Cancer Care & Wellness Group
This Cancer Care & Wellness Group is open to all oncology and oncology radiation patients treated in Northfield. You can attend at any point in your cancer care continuum. Facilitated group meetings focus on wellness strategies, conversation and mutual support. For more information, contact the Cancer Care Navigator at 507-646-6979.
Breast Cancer Support Group
The Breast Cancer Support Group is open to all, no matter where you are at in your breast cancer journey. Led by our Breast Care Navigator, you'll find support, education and useful information and a chance to share stories. For more information, contact the Breast Care Navigator at 507-646-1455.
“Everyone went above and beyond to make us both feel heard, and listen to any of our concerns. Right here in Northfield is all the care that you need."
Our Team of Doctors and Providers
Donate to Help Others Dealing With Cancer
Many family members and friends of those served by our cancer services make contributions to the Northfield Hospital Foundation Cancer Care Campaign as a thank you and to help others. Your gift provides comfort and relieves stress for cancer care patients and their families.
Your heartfelt gift provides comfort to others:
- Transportation fund to get patients to appointments or treatment
- Patient welcome bags with comfort items prior to starting first course of chemotherapy treatment
- Battery operated candles in hospital room of women who have undergone mastectomy surgery
- Patient comfort bags prior to breast cancer surgery
- Weighted blankets to provide comfort to infusion patients
- Reading materials for patients and families
- Clothing and slippers for those who can’t afford them
- iPads to keep families connected
- Anything that can add to comfort and care for cancer care patients and their families.
How to Donate:
Donate to Cancer Care Now by credit card, debit card or bank account. Select Cancer Care in the “Select a campaign” drop down.
Donate by Mail: Please make check out to Northfield Hospital Foundation and write Cancer Care in the memo line. Mail to: Northfield Hospital Foundation 2000 North Avenue, MN 55057
Learn more about Northfield Hospital Foundation.
Information, Resources & Links
- American Cancer Society (ACS)(link is external)
- ACS Cancer Action Network(link is external), the leading Cancer Advocacy Organization
- American Society of Clinical Oncology(link is external)
- Drug Information, Side Effects, Health and Wellness, Resources(link is external)
- Counseling. Support Groups. Education. Financial Assistance(link is external)
- CancerConnect(link is external), a fully functional social network for people with cancer, their caregivers and others who are interested in staying up-to-date about the set of diseases known as cancer. CancerConnect is comprised of communities of individuals with similar interests in the area of cancer. Disease-specific groups as well as groups for caregivers, health and wellness, and nutrition all exist to provide patients with support during their cancer journey. In addition, the website is populated with rich content to support the many ongoing needs of individuals battling cancer.
- LIVESTRONG Foundation(link is external), we fight to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.