APRIL 27, 2020 – Northfield Hospital + Clinics now has Video Visits as a new alternative for clinic appointments.
Video Visits are face-to-face appointments with a NH+C health care provider through a phone, computer or tablet. Video Visits help you and your provider manage chronic conditions like diabetes or asthma, or treat common illnesses like sinus infections, rashes or allergies.
Video Visits have the privacy and immediacy of a clinic visit, in the comfort and safety of your own home.
This is a new option to continue care with your doctor and clinic staff you know and trust.
Video visits can be used for:
- Management of chronic conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma
- Illnesses including rashes, allergies, urinary tract infection, sinus infections, eye infection
- Stomach problems such as constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux
- Nausea, vomiting
- Women's health issues
- Medication checks or refills
- Counseling, and supportive therapy
- Health education, outreach, and preventive care
- Post-emergency or post-hospital follow-up
Call your clinic and we’ll help you decide what type of appointment is best – Video Visit or in-person clinic visit. If your best option for care is an in-person visit, it is safe to come to the clinic or hospital.
In-person clinic visits are best for:
- Physicals, procedures, pre-operation or pre-procedure exams
- Broken bones
- Well-child checks under 18 months with immunizations
- Abdominal and back pain
- Swelling, wounds
A Video Visit usually costs the same as an office visit, including co-pays. Check with your insurance plan. A Video Visit is treated like an in-person clinic visit, and patients are responsible for any co-pays. Co-pays do not need to be paid before the Video Visit. They will be added to the final bill.
If your provider determines further testing or examination is necessary or your symptoms don’t go away, a follow up clinic visit can be scheduled. (If you need a clinic for the same condition within seven days of your Video Visit, you won’t be charged for the Video Visit.)
For a Video Visit, you need:
- A smart phone or tablet with a front-facing camera, or a computer with a camera and microphone
- A strong internet connection or strong cellular connection if using a mobile device
- A private place that limits background noise and interruptions
- A well-lit area so your face is clearly visible to your provider
Video Visits are available during standard clinic hours. If you have a primary care provider, you can request an appointment with them. We will do our best to make that happen.
Video Visits are secure. They are not recorded.
Call your clinic to schedule an appointment:
- Northfield Clinic – (507) 646-1494
- Farmington Clinic – (651) 460-2300
- Lakeville Clinic (952) 469-0500 - Now seeing patients in Farmington Clinic
- Lonsdale Clinic (507) 744-3245 - Now seeing patients in Northfield Clinic
Learn more about Video Visits.